Sunday, January 3, 2010

May 8, 2009 A Poem

You and Jung have something to teach me;
I'm not quite sure what that is.
Perhaps it has something to do with compassion.
We all have our demons
Or dark side or what-not. Yes,
That what-not is the thing we wish we did not have.
The shadow - dark and light;
The over bright day and dark, dark night.

I come here, sit in the chair and wait for
Something to come that I can talk with you about.
Sometimes it's right there on the tip of my tongue,
But sometimes I have to just leave be and
Notice the rug patterns at my feet
And talk about that until some pertinent piece
Comes up from who knows where? The unconscious? The
Stratosphere? The subtle kinetic field of the two of us sitting here?

There's more I want to say and I feel like I'm drifting now, but
Wait, yes. There's this. My fear of being abandoned, my fear
Of being dismissed, my fear of not being loved enough, my
Fear of betrayal and rebuff.

And you, you remind me all the time of the search for myself,
And that I alone have the answers to the calming of my fears
And the wiping of my tears. And I'm trying, trying so hard
To figure it all out, but sometimes now I feel it all becomes
Real when I sit still - not so much on the outside as on the
Inside. When I am still and come home to myself, the what-not
All falls into place and a smile, subtle, almost an embrace,
Warms my face.


No comments: